Follow America’s fastest-growing news aggregator, Spreely News, and stay informed. You can find all of our articles plus information from your favorite Conservative voices.
In response to recent escalations by Iran and its proxy forces throughout the Middle East, Defense Secretary Lloyd J. Austin III announced a series of actions on Saturday aimed at bolstering the United States’ military presence in the region.
These steps are reflective of discussions with President Joe Biden regarding ways to respond to acts of aggression or activity by Iranian-backed groups in the Middle East, such as Wednesday night’s missile interception by the USS Carney, a U.S. Navy destroyer off Yemen’s coast in the Red Sea, and a rocket and drone attack causing significant damage to a pipeline near a US operations base within Syria’s Al-Omar Oilfields.
Specifically, Secretary Austin outlined three major steps: redirecting naval assets (such as sending the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group to Central Command), deploying missile defense systems (including THAAD batteries and Patriot battalions), and issuing prepare to deploy orders for an unspecified number of US forces so as to improve their readiness and responsiveness.
In addition, heightened alertness among American military personnel continues as they monitor potential threats from terrorist groups backed by Iran – notably Hamas’ horrific attack on innocent Israelis earlier this month.
“I have placed an additional number of forces on prepare to deploy orders as part of prudent contingency planning, to increase their readiness and ability to quickly respond as required,” Austin said in a statement.
Last week, Austin “placed approximately 2,000 personnel and a range of units on a heightened state of readiness through a prepare-to-deploy order,” Pentagon spokeswoman Sabrina Singh said in the emailed statement.
The Biden regime’s foreign policy strategy has recently come under scrutiny in light of Iran’s Foreign Minister Hossein Amirabdollahian directly threatening the United States over the Israel-Hamas war.
In remarks to Al Jazeera on Sunday in Qatar, he warned that “if the scope of the war expands, heavy losses will befall America as well” and threatened that if Israel invades Gaza, “the resistance leaders will turn it [Israel] into a cemetery for occupation soldiers”.
Such statements raise serious questions about whether or not these actions are leading us down a path toward World War III.
While the regime claims these actions are aimed at bolstering regional deterrence efforts…